On 6/9/2013 4:58 PM, Tim Li wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way in ConTeXt to distinguish (or recognise) different
characters from different languages, especially distinguishing those
used in China, Japan and Korea (CJK) from English.

For example, sentence(1) and its translation (sentence (2))  below are
mixed English with Chinese characters,

as far as I know, Chinese write 排版 as /typography/.  (1)
     translation: 据我所知,中国人将/typography/写作排版。      (2)

If I input this sentence in the ConTeXt source file, how can I recognise
English characters and Chinese characters respectively so that I can
insert space (say, 1/4 space) when nesting English
words into Chinese (the result of *sentence (2)* in PDF file will look
like this: 据我所知,中国人将 typography 写作排版。)

Are there some materials or topics about this?

see files in test suite under subpath 'scripts'