On 06/17/2013 07:29 PM, Christian Prim wrote:
I used texlive (2012) before standalone. There was never a problem. Same
editor, same viewer. With standalone there is a problem just for
printing from viewer "evince".

Just some anecdote: I was working on a presentation style last week and was getting really weird results, with background elements shifting on the page randomly. I suspected that some update had brought changes in Metapost and tried on my laptop with a slightly older version, and everything was OK. Then I installed the latest version on the laptop and tried again - still OK. After two hours of fuzzing around, I finally understood that it was a problem with evince, not with the pdf - if I opened the same file with okular or Adobe Reader, everything was fine. So I wouldn't trust evince; looks like the clowns in charge of gnome have managed to break their pdf viewer as well.

Thomas