On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM,  <hwit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried building the standalone but ran into a snag.
>
> Here is the error message display when I ran "first-setup.sh":
> ----------------
>
>  sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex --context=current
> receiving incremental file list
> rsync: change_dir "/setup/cygwin" (in minimals) failed: No such file or
> directory (2)
>
> sent 4 bytes  received 8 bytes  3.43 bytes/sec
> total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
> rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
> (code 23) at main.c(1508) [Receiver=3.0.7]
>
> mtxrun          | unknown script './bin/mtx-update.lua'
>
> ----------------
>

> I take this to mean it can't change to Context's /setup/bin

It can change to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/cygwin (or
rather: it's rsync equivalent).

Someone started providing the binaries, but later gave up.

However, recent posts seem to suggest that normal windows binaries
should work as well.

> The ... setup/cygwin directories are in my local build directory is in
> /usr/local/context
> and not located off of root /
>
> Is this because the cygwin build is out-of-date or not supported anymore?

It's kind of not-supported because nobody was willing to inspect how
to build the binaries, but a few days ago I got reports that it should
work.

Can you please try to fetch first-setup.sh once more and try again?

Mojca