Gentlemen and noble ladies,

may I rerun this question? It was posted on Sunday and may have escaped
those of you who celebrated this day in some manner.

Thanks for your attention!

Hi,

hope this is comprehensible without a full example: I want to do some
operations on my xml, and that's easier to do in Lua. However, I cannot
find how to filter my results and pass them on to a command. In TeX, I
would do this:

\startxmlsetups xml:a
   \xmlfilter{#1}{/b/command(xml:command:b)}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:command:b
   \xmlconcat{#1}{/}\par
\stopxmlsetups

How would I do the same thing in Lua? Here's what I tried:

function xml.functions.a(t)
   local b = lxml.filter(lxml.id(t), "/b")
   process(b)
end

function process(t)
   xml.cprint(t)
end

but that doesn't work yet, I get no results printed. So my question:
what would be the right syntax in Lua? (And bonus points for: what is
the equivalent of \xmlconcat ?)

- real test file needed
- you use process before you define it

another approach is:

for c in xml.collected(lxml.id(t),"/b") do
end

(see x-mathml, x-cals for examples)