On my Mac (Mountain Lion) I would like to use ConTeXt with a complex OpenType
font named Kedage for the Indian language Kannada, and I thought that I could
do this using XeTeX (because LuaTeX seems unable to handle Indic fonts at
present).

This freely available font (found on Linux systems, for instance) comes in four
files: Kedage-n.TTF, Kedage-b.TTF, Kedage-i.TTF, Kedage-t.TTF (normal, bold,
italic and bolditalic, respectively).

I have been partly successful with the simple command

\definefontsynonym[kan][name:Kedage]

and then using

\definedfont[kan]

where I want to have the font in the text. Also \font\kannada="Kedage" (and
\kannada later in the text) seems to work well without any further indications
of language, script etc.

However, I would also like to use the bold, italic and bolditalic forms of the
font. Simply using \bold and \em does not work.

Here I see two possibilities:

(1) use the XeTeX parameters FakeSlant and FakeBold, which I have done in
LaTeX. But I do not know how this is done in ConTeXt.

(2) use the other font files (Kedage-b.TTF etc.), and again I do not know how
to do this.

Can anybody help me out, either way? (I have attached a sample.)

Robert