On 8/12/2013 6:40 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
Dear list,

although I cannot find it now, I sent a message to the list describing
that I suspected ConTeXt wasn’t as fast as it should on my computer.

Here you have a minimal sample:

     \starttext
     \input knuth
     \stoptext

It takes about 3.5 seconds total runtime to compile. Is this the
standard required time?

Actually what I wonder is why the compilation requires three runs to
output the final document.

mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 0.250 seconds
system          | total runtime: 0.422

luajittex:

mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 0.200 seconds
system          | total runtime: 0.360

Dell Laptop: i7-3840QM @ 2.8G / 16 GB / 256G SSD / windows 8 64 bit

\starttext
    \dorecurse{1000}{test\page}
\stoptext

does 540 pages per second

of course in practice it all depends on what features are used but 3.5 seconds is way off, unless you remake the format each run (coul dbe the case of your luatex doesn't match texlua