On 9/1/2013 6:56 PM, john Culleton wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 23:44:30 +0200
Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 8/31/2013 5:40 PM, john Culleton wrote:

If there were a way to download minimals or the full context suite
for windows as an iso image I would be home free. But fate is not
so kind to me.

installing the garden via rsync (one can even be more monimal with an
initial --engine=luatex install as then successive runs will also
only download luatex only) is way more efficient than an
(uncompressed and carrying all engines) iso image each update

Hans

In the general case, affecting 99.9% of Context users that is the best
strategy. I am however caught in an unusual situation. I have two
computers at my work station, both Syx (Systemax) computers and both
delivered without any OS. I installed Linux on both and they work just
fine. When I install Windows XP or Windows 7 on either machine there is
a problem with the ethernet connection. But my projected customer base
is likely of the Windows persuasion.

imo changing your workflow because of crappy hardware is a bad idea (it's hard to find a motherboard with an ethernet device on it that os so broken that windows won't work)

Perhaps the protrusion problem has already been solved in your
latest luatex. I will check it out on my (linux) version of Context
standard. If not I will retreat to pdftex (gasp) for my template.
Protrusion and microtypography are two advantages of TeX and InDesign
for the novel writer. I need to be able to demonstrate those advantages
when offering my template.

i'm not aware of problems with protrusion (not much changed in the implementation)