On 10/25/2013 7:01 AM, Schmitz Thomas A. wrote:

On 24 Oct 2013, at 16:44, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

You need to set it to a dummy directory! See:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/136073/323

No, even that doesn’t help:

echo $OSFONTDIR
/tmp/dummy

and then on a first run (after regnerating the format with this variable set),
I get lines such as

fonts           > names > 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path '/Users/tas/Library/Fonts'
fonts           > names > 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path '/Library/Fonts'
fonts           > names > 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path '/System/Library/Fonts'
fonts           > names > globbing path '/System/Library/Fonts/**.OTF'
fonts           > names > 68 system files identified, 2 skipped, 2 duplicates,
66 hash entries added, runtime 43.223 seconds

So something appears to be overriding the variable that I set. But what? And
why? And how do I stop it?