Dear list,

today, I have an announcement to make and a call for contributions. We have obtained a medium-sized grant at my university to further development of ConTeXt. Specifically, our project wants to facilitate typesetting critical editions after the TEI xml standard and bibliographical data. Luigi will be employed as a full-time developer for the next 6 months (he signed his contract today); Hans will coordinate the work flow.

So this is good news. Now for the call for contributions: we invite you to send in examples in those two areas (critical editions, i.e. linenotes cum suis, and bibliographical data, aka bib-module) which show where ConTeXt could be developed. So please send examples to the list that show limitations or bugs, ask for new features, etc. If you want new features in the bibliography department, please do not send vague requests ("it would be nice if we could have hungarian reference systems") but small examples which show a precise feature and a possible syntax for it.

Of course, I can't promise that we will be able to act on all your submissions, but I'm optimistic that this project will make our favorite software better!

All best

Thomas