>> Dear Thomas, Luigi and Hans,
>
> Hi Pablo,
>
> thanks for your examples, they will go into the test repository. We'll
> have to think about the nested linenotes; I'm not sure that this is a
> good way to code an apparatus (and since we're taking TEI xml as our
> point of departure, we'll have to see how this would be encoded in this
> particular format).

Hi Thomas,

sorry, I forgot that TEI xml was the starting point.

The issue of nesting linenotes was a request I received from a classical
philologist. He is learning ConTeXt, so TEI would be a way to make
things more difficult to him right now (by the way, I still have to
learn how ConTeXt handles XML).

Nesting two variants probably makes no sense in real work. What could
happen is that you have a variant note within a larger passage that you
want to mark as similar to a passage from other author. This is what the
classical philologist offered as sample. (Sorry for the poor
explanation, but I’m not a philologist myself.)

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk