On 11/20/2013 9:12 AM, Alan Braslau wrote:
Hello,

Using
   \setuppublications [alternative=num]
for example, should not append letters to the publication years when
encountering multiple publications by the same author(s) per year.

So, in the use of bibliographies, I have not understood how to control
\maybeyear.

In the bibl-xxx.tex files, it is defined as
   \def\maybeyear#1{#1}
or
   \def\maybeyear#1{}
as needed. Perhaps this is for mkii.

In bibl-bib.mkiv, one has
   \appendtoks
      \doifelse{\bibtexpublicationsparameter\c!maybeyear}\v!off
        {\let\maybeyear\gobbleoneargument}
        {\let\maybeyear\firstofoneargument}%
   \to \everysetupbibtexlistplacement
which seems to then use the keyword maybeyear.

I guess that
   \setupbibtexpublications [maybeyear=off]
in my source would turn off the appended letters, but this is not
correct. I have tried many variants (\setuppublications, \setupbibtex).
What am I misunderstanding? Or is this a bug?

example needed