On 2013-11-25 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 8:32 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > is it possible to get the complete representation of the layout that
> > is processed in the luatex PDF generator?
> >
> > I mean coordinations of individual text boxes, their dimensions etc.
> >
> > Actually, I'd like to retrieve the page number and vertical position
> > of my object with a specific id (reference) to be able to perform PDF
> > post-processing.
>
> \starttext
>
>      we are here: \setposition{crap}(\MPx{crap},\MPy{crap})
>
> \stoptext

Thanks! Looks promising, Actually I'd like to print it into a log or
somewhere else, not into the document itself. But I need also the page
number. Every record should be ideally in the form: ID;page-number;Y-coord.

> > Is DVI way to go? How can I get it in MkIV?

I've found that luatex can optionally output DVI [1], but I cannot find any
ConTeXt commandline switch to change the output format from PDF to something
else...

Thanks, Jan

[1]
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/42216/which-tex-programs-produce-dvi-