On 2013-11-17 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11/17/2013 12:23 PM, honyk wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to fix a Palatino small caps issue using the procedure
> > explained here:
> > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Palatino_Linotype_under_MKIV
> >
> > That fix seems to be obsolete nowadays and returning errors.
> >

> there are several ways to apply patches runtime, see *.lfg files (and
> also fonts-mkiv.pdf)

1) I've created a sample LFG file
2) placed it into the folder where other LFG files are stored
3) removed pala.tma and pala.tmc files from the cache
4) triggered the generating

My pala.lfg file seems to be ignored:

return {
    name = "pala",
    comment = "Switching the small capped 'i' to a dotless variant in
Palatino Linotype.",
    remapping = {
        tounicode = true,
        unicodes = {
            ["i.sc"] = 983201,
        },
    },
}

1) How the LFG file is matched with the font? Is it via the 'name'
parameter, "pala" in my case? Does that name equals to the file title
without an extension or something else?

2) Should I see that comment in the log or is it just a remark for editors?

3) Can I emulate this patch via direct editing of pala.tma file? When I
change the 'unicodes' value there, it has no impact on generating (nothing
changes in the output).

Thanks, Jan