On 1/15/2014 12:06 PM, hwit...@gmail.com wrote:

Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 1/15/2014 7:56 AM, hwit...@gmail.com wrote:

I am trying to load the standalone but have ran into a problem.

Platform:  cygwin on Windows XP

Here is what I did to try to get it all loaded and setup:

#1 rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
     sh ./first-setup.sh  || exit 3

The following files are loaded:
    receiving incremental file list
        bin/
        bin/cygiconv-2.dll
        bin/cygwin1.dll
        bin/kpathsea620.dll
        bin/lua52.dll
        bin/luatex.dll
        bin/mtx-update.lua
        bin/mtxrun.dll
        bin/mtxrun.exe
        bin/mtxrun.lua
        bin/rsync.exe
        bin/texlua.exe

The above only populated /opt/context/bin

Re:     When you want to use context, you need to initialize the tree by typing:
         . /opt/context/tex/setuptex

NOTE: there is no /opt/context/!!  It doesn't get loaded.

I mean there is no /opt/context/tex  so no /opt/context/tex/setuptex..

Any ideas of what is wrong?  Any work around to get the proper tex directory
contents?

Any suggestions are apprecaited.

can you run ./firstsetup ?

../firstsetup.sh was ran and it was first setup that created and populated the
bin directory.  But nothing was done for a tex directory.

then you need to figure out why it failed ... messages and so ... maybe an rsync issue (you can try to add prints to mtx-update.lua (but then also comment the first rsync in firstsetup so that it doesn't get overwritten)

Regards