On 2/18/2014 12:21 AM, Martin maaca Rehula wrote:
ChromeOS is Linux-based operating system. I don't know, what exactly is different
compared to "normal" Linux distribution. You should be able to execute Linux
binaries there.

.deb packages are not any ultra proprietary, extra DRM-protected things. It is
just .tar.gz archive enclosed in the ar archive. So, you can easily extract
files from the .deb package, copy them to your chromebook and execute them. I
don't expect dependency on too many libraries.

Martin
_

Actually, ChromeOS only uses the Linux /kernel/ but is not a Linux distribution in any way, shape or form.

No shell, no utilities, no package manager ala apt-get. It boots directly into Chrome and that is the only application that is permitted to run on it. Any "apps" must be written as Chrome extensions and have very limited ability to run directly on the kernel. Google intends everything to be written in HTML5/Javascript.

I won't even mention how Google reads almost everything to serve you "better ads."

--
Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan

"For every problem there is a solution which is simple, clean
  -- and wrong." H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)