Hi Hraban,

I tried to create ePubs using ConTeXt late last year (it was a driving
factor for me to switch from LaTeX).

In practice, ConTeXt cannot actually produce ePub content of any
sufficient complexity that an ePub reader (such as Kindle) can read. I
abandoned that development line a while ago. That said, ConTeXt is
orders of magnitude easier to work with than LaTeX (for me) and has an
architecture that holds a promising future.

Since my project exports XML, I began an ePub solution using XSLT and
DocBook. The ant4docbook Java application can produce ePub files from
DocBook using an ant task, making the API simple to use. The resulting
ePub archive can be read by various e-readers.

http://ant4docbook.sourceforge.net/

Unless anyone says otherwise (or there have been momentous
improvements in this area), I would recommend that you do not use
ConTeXt to create ePub files. While technically it can produce an ePub
archive, you will waste countless hours hitting wall after wall.