Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply. I found my way to foxet, but never got it working. I've
written several mapping files for XML with good results, but DITA is a bit of a
different beast.

DITA is geared towards technical writing, and its main features are defined
content types, a mechanism for controlled reuse below the file level, a modular
structure, and built in extensibility of its XML vocabulary. It comes with its
own toolkit that filters out and pulls in content and it uses FOP to produce
PDF (hence my mention of FO). Since the toolkit must process the XML to resolve
linked content and remove content, it is not recommended to directly typeset
the XML like you could do with DocBook. I see a few ways to achieve what I
want, which is a PDF produced my ConTeXt: target a merged XML file that the
dita toolkit has produced, produce a concatenated HTML file and typeset that,
or typeset the fo file before FOP gets to it. Of those approaches, the first
seems like the best idea, but I wanted to query the list before proceeding.

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Mica