On 5/26/2014 9:48 PM, Matt Baker wrote:
I apologize, I'm not completely understanding you.  So the reason I have:
  local presets = {
      server = "XXX\XXX",
      Database = "Customer",
      Integrated Security = "True",
      }
Is it would need to look something like this - or an equivalent.  There
Server would need to be the location of the DB Server, then the DB name,
and then some way to tell it to utilize windows authentication (this model
is based lightly on the C# connection model).

no, it should look like this:

local presets = {
    database = "test",
    username = "root",
    password = "none",
    host     = "localhost",
    port     = 3306,
}

You should use lowercase keys. Spaces in keys are impossible anyway unless you use ["foo bar"] = "xxx". It's Lua, so some basic understanding of Lua helps.

I'm unaware of windows auth, but username/pwd should work okay.

Is there not a prebuilt library to access SQL built into the LuaTeX/ConTeXT
libraries?  It seems that there should be a method in which I could include
a set of database queries in an external document that can link to the tex

\usemodule[sql]

document.  The closest I am to being familiar with any of this is Nlatexdb
(based off of latexdb and rlatexdb) http://www.ctan.org/pkg/nlatexdb .
I am rather new to ConTeXT and Lua so I am struggling with wrapping my head
around all of this as it is.

The interface in context is an abstraction layer that can use several methods.

- the command line mysql program (client)
- the luasql library (not the best piece of code)
- the swiglib lua binding

and starting with the client method is easiest as one can also mimmick that on the command line.

Perhaps if you could show me an example document that links to a DB might
be beneficial... I was hoping you would have shown this at the end of your
PDF.

attached some left-overs from the 2012 context conference