Am 24.06.2014 um 21:46 schrieb Maggyero <maggy...@gmail.com>:

> > why  use math here?
>
> It was to avoid oldstyle figures that I use by default. But finally it's
> better to use oldstyle figures even in tables.

You can enable lining (and tabular) figures in the table when you don’t want
oldstyle figures.

> Another question about fonts. Is there a way to define a conditional
> mathcommand based on the current alternative style? For instance, in the
> following example I would like to keep the bold effect but with adaptation to
> the local alternative style (in text mode, when the local alternative style
> is \tf I would like the mathcommand to be \bf, when it is \it I would like
> \bi, when it is \bf I would like \bf and when it is \bi I would like still
> \bi):

You can access the current font alternative with the \fontalternative command
(below is a old example I wrote a few months ago).

\def\Test
  {\processaction
     [\fontalternative]
         [     tf=>Upright,
           it=>Italic,
           sl=>Slanted,
           bf=>Bold,
           bi=>Bolditalic,
           bs=>Boldslanted,
      unknown=>Unknown fontalternative]}

\starttext
“\Test” {\it “\Test”} {\bs “\Test”} {\sc “\Test”}
\stoptext

Wolfgang