Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sharing your nice script. You have had a very nice intitiative and I
am sure it is going to be very useful for many people.

I did some testing of the script, after having edited some parametrers inside
the script. For your information, I am running Mac OS X 10.9.4 on a Mac Book
Pro.
As a first feedback, I should say that I didn’t know how to create a « service
» with an Applescript (shame on me…). Finally I found an application named
FastScript which allows to create a shortcut for any Applescript, and then I
could run your script on a TeX file. Maybe one could add some indications as to
how create a « service » with your script.

Strangely the script gives the expected result the first time it is run on a
file from within an application such as TeXShop or Smultron, but the second
time I call the script, I get a notification saying that something i sgoing on,
but then no PDF is created nor a log file.

However the update part works fine and it is very handy: maybe this part could
be made into a small application with XCode, like the application written by
Gerben Wierda in order to install a TeX tree some 10 or 15 years ago.

I’ll do some more testing and then let you know.

Thanks again: OK