Thanks. I think I could have figured out that one myself. I guess it's my
own head a bit broken atm...
But I should mention that the contextgarden article mentions only one
option for \startitemize, perhaps that is why I got misleaded there.

(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/startitemize)

Greetings,

Rob