On 7/22/2014 12:22 PM, Meer, H. van der wrote:
In search of a nice presentation of two passages of text I am trying to
put two \framedtext's inside a \framed with their top at the same level.
However, I have not been able to accomplish this. Instead they align
their bottom.

Example with its result:
\framed[location=top]\bgroup
\hsize=0.5\textwidth
\startframedtext[left][width=0.5\textwidth,location=top]\leavevmode
    some text
\stopframedtext
\startframedtext[left][width=0.5\textwidth,location=top]\leavevmode
    some other text\crlf of more lines
\stopframedtext
\egroup

\startframedtext is a text flow command (with before and after and such)

Changing the location parameter made no difference, introducing an align
ruined the placement on the same line.
How do I get the toplines of the inner frames at the same height?

several solutions, here is one:

\starttext

\startframed[strut=no,offset=1ex]%
    \startcombination[nx=2,ny=1,location=top,distance=1ex]
        \startcontent
            \startframed[width=0.5\textwidth,align=normal]%
               some text
            \stopframed
        \stopcontent
        \startcaption \stopcaption
        \startcontent
            \startframed[width=0.5\textwidth,align=normal]%
                some other text\crlf of more lines
            \stopframed
        \stopcontent
        \startcaption \stopcaption