Dear list,

I have some big-width floats, and want them to span the regular text
width plus the outer margin.  I can position them manually with \kern.
Is there a way to make them automatically extend into the outer
margin?  I have tried different options for location=... without
success.

Thanks and kind regards,
Joshua Krämer

Example with manual positioning:

\setuplayout [backspace=3cm, width=13.5cm, topspace=2cm, height=24.7cm,
margin=1.5cm, margindistance=0cm, header=0cm, footer=0cm,
footerdistance=0cm]

\newdimen\Bigtextwidth \Bigtextwidth=15cm

\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided]

\showframe

\starttext

\startplacefigure
\leavevmode\kern-1.5cm\framed [width=\Bigtextwidth, framecolor=red] %
{Left margin}
\stopplacefigure

\startplacefigure
\leavevmode\kern0cm\framed [width=\Bigtextwidth, framecolor=red] %
{Right margin}
\stopplacefigure