On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Sytse Knypstra wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> Recently I purchased a Minix NEO X7 mediaplayer on which I managed to
> install Ubuntu (or rather: Xubuntu) 14.04. When I then tried to install the
> ConTeXt Standalone suite I immediately received the message:
>> Error: your system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet.
> The latter is what I am doing now.
>
> I was however able to Install ConTeXt from the Ubuntu repositories without a
> any problem.
> FYI: the Minix NEO X7 is based on a Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with
> Quad-Core Mali-400 GPU.

I already tested the installation on Raspberry PI a while ago and it
worked without problems.

We already have some binaries for ARM, two sets in TeX Live
(http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/) and one set in our
minimals (http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux/)

The problem is that I don't know how to distinguish between the two
(or more) flavours or arm with a simple script. There is Little Endian
and Big Endian. And there is "Hard Float" or something like that.

Are you able to tell:
- Which of the two sets from TL works for you? (Or whether the
binaries on the garden work for you.)
- How to distinguish between different flavours?

If you can help me solve that mystery, enabling support for your
platform is just "two clicks away".

Mojca