Am 03.09.2014 um 11:13 schrieb Keith McKay <mckaymeis...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks for the advice Wolfgang.
> I went back to the wiki and found \setupfootnotes, \placefootnotes and
> \setupfootnotedefinition.  Playing around with these I almost get what I
> want.  What I don't get is two way interaction i.e. clicking on the
> superscript in the text doesn't take me to the footnote (or endnote in this
> case), but clicking on the superscript of the footnote takes me back to the
> word in the text.  I would really prefer to be able to click on a word to
> take me to the definition and click on the definition to take me back to the
> word.

I can’t reproduce this behavior, both links from the footnote marker in the
text and back from the footnote to the reference work for me.

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\setupnote[footnote][location=text]

\starttext

barley\footnote{barley} chocolate\footnote{chocolate}

\page

\placenotes[footnote]

\stoptext

Wolfgang