Dear Woldgang,

I searched \definepairedbox and found several discussions as following:

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2005/014315.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg71401.html

In the above examples, it took a long sentences as a caption while my example
don’t allow multiple lines.
I inserted \crlf but it is not working.

The difference is that “side by side”(example above)  and “top and
bottom”(example below).

Is there a way of allowing multiple lines?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

\usemodule[animation]
\useMPlibrary[dum]
\setupinteraction[state=start]

\definepairedbox[animationtext][location=top,align=middle]

\starttext

\startanimation
{\placeanimationtext{A long long long long long long long long long \crlf long
long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long
long long long long caption}{\externalfigure[dummy]}}
{\placeanimationtext{The letter b}{\externalfigure[dummy]}}
{\placeanimationtext{The letter c}{\externalfigure[dummy]}}
{\placeanimationtext{The letter d}{\externalfigure[dummy]}}
\stopanimation