On 2014-10-17 03:50, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 10/17/2014 3:02 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
What is the proper way to delimit paragraphs within an itemized list
using \start..\stop tagging (as for epub and such)? When I wrap
paragraphs with \startparagraph..\stopparagraph within the
\startitem..\stopitem, there is an unwanted newline inserted between the
bullet and the item text.

Or, is it not recommend to wrap paragraphs that are in enumerations?

I ask because http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Epub_Sample suggests “Make
sure to tag all your structural elements with \start...-\stop..., e.g.
\startchapter, but even \startparagraph!” I also note the appearance of
\startcontent..\stopcontent and \stopcaption..\startcaption and such,
suggesting to me that semantic tagging may be a useful thing to add to
new documents in order to support new output formats.

    \starttext
    \startitemize
       \startitem
         \startparagraph
           Item one paragraph one.
         \stopparagraph
         \startparagraph
           Item one paragraph two.
         \stopparagraph
         \startparagraph
           Item one paragraph three.
         \stopparagraph
       \stopitem
       \startitem
         \startparagraph
           Item two paragraph one.
         \stopparagraph
         \startparagraph
           Item two paragraph two.
         \stopparagraph
         \startparagraph
           Item two paragraph three.
         \stopparagraph
       \stopitem
    \stopitemize

\starttext
\startitemize
  \startitem
    \bpar
      Item one paragraph one.
    \epar % \stopparagraph
    \bpar
      Item one paragraph two.
    \epar
    \bpar
      Item one paragraph three.
    \epar
  \stopitem
  \startitem
    \bpar
      Item two paragraph one.
    \epar
    \bpar
      Item two paragraph two.
    \epar
    \bpar
      Item two paragraph three.
    \epar
  \stopitem
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Thank you, Hans, for that.

Can you explain when \startparagraph..\stopparagraph should be preferred for tagging, and when \bpar..\epar? There is clearly a difference between them.

Is there any setup associated with \bpar..\epar as there is \defineparagraph for \startparagraph..\stopparagraph?

--
Rik Kabel