On 10/21/2014 11:32 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
Hello ConTeXist.
Some time ago I changed a installing TeX Live directly from version 2012
to version 2014.
ConTeXt in this version TeX Live works seamlessly, but I have since
stopped working update Standalone version. But I'm not entirely sure
causation. Anyway, the update does not work as before. At first glance,
it seems that the updates are performed correctly, but the files are not
probably somehow eventually copied. I am not subsequently able to
compile things that require the latest version of ConTeXt.
I must say that I am in a one moment delete the entire directory
texmf-cache, because I began to discover a strange message about the
mischmasch format of ConTeXt.

you don't have the two bin trees in your path do you?

OK. Nothing to do. When I after a vain attempt failed ConTeXt update to
the latest version, so I decided to ConTeXt Standalone completely
re-install into my Windows 7 home edition. Installation failed, although
I followed the instructions exactly to ConTeXtgarden
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone). Creates only the TeX
directory and there empty directories ("cache-texmf, texmf-fonts,
texmf-local texmf and texmf-modules-project"). These directories do not
contain any files. I attach below the log file during installation.

how clean did you start? really nothing? by fetching the win32 or win64 zip?

I tried a second installation method cited in ConTeXt ConTeXtGarden (see
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Simple_Windows_Installation).
Link to the installation file is broken (see
http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-installer/ContextMinimalInstall.exe)

is that installer ok anyway? at some point mojca changed the structure bit and maybe that installer was not adapted (it's not an official part of the minimals)

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong and why you can not install
ConTeXt? Nowhere does not say anything about setting the path
respectively next steps. Blame those problems installing TeX Live 2014?
Thanks for the advice.
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is log file from instalation:

receiving incremental file list
./
kpathsea620w64.dll
luatex.dll
mtxrun.dll
mtxrun.exe
mtxrun.lua

sent 22928 bytes  received 5501341 bytes  356404.45 bytes/sec
total size is 9371026  speedup is 1.70

ok, so 64 bit?