On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 18:07:38 +0100
luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but I fail to see what the 3D aspect of this drawing brings
> > to anything, other than to impress the gallery and look spiffy.
> >
> > I guess that we belong now to a society without any imagination,
> > requiring lots of colors, shadowing (and even animation) in order to
> > get an idea across...
> >
> > (At least make use of the third dimension to describe SOMETHING if
> > you are going to include it.)
> >

> > http://www.pdf3d.com/gallery.php
> shows  other examples

I guess that "impress the gallery" is a translation of an expression in
French referring to the upper, low-price, standing room only balcony in
theaters, populated by an audience that is easily impressed...

Sorry, but I insurge against the frequent, abusive misuse of 3d-like
illustrations common in PowerPoint and other MSWord documents.

Sometimes, it is useful to illustrate something in perspective; in most
cases this turns out to be very marginal - nothing more than "eye
candy" - makes life sweeter!

Alan