> Am 15.04.2015 um 22:12 schrieb Geert Verhaag <verhaagg...@ziggo.nl>:
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestion!
>
> Can you explain a bit the trick behind this mechanism?

I created only a new float environment which copies all values from the figure
environment
but it saves all caption entries in its own nofigure list and when you show
only the figure
entries in the list the others are hidden.

\setupexternalfigures[location=default]

\definefloat[nofigure][nofigures][figure]

\starttext

\subject{Figure entries}

\placelist[figure]

\subject{Figure and nofigure entries}

\placelist[figure,nofigure]

\blank[4*line]

\startplacefloat[figure][title=A dutch cow]
        \externalfigure[cow][width=6cm]
\stopplacefloat

\startplacefloat[nofigure][title=A dutch mill]
        \externalfigure[mill][width=6cm]
\stopplacefloat

\stoptext

Wolfgang