On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec írta:
>>
>>No, configuration of bibliographies in ConTeXt does not (and should
>>not) require knowledge of bst files. I always managed to get around
>>with some relatively straightforward settings and commands.
>
> If you want to remove dots after the initials or remove the space between
> initials you have to. If you want to modify what is inserted into the bbl
> file you have to.

ConTeXt has at least three different mechanisms to deal with
bibliographies by now (one is actually using BibTeX, one is using pure
ConTeXt setups for new entries, the third one is new/unstable and
allows entries in "arbitrary" format). From what I understand at least
the last two approaches circumvent BibTeX completely, so bst files are
not used at all.

I admit that I never tried to change spacing or remove the dots after
initials, but I would be surprised if doing that would require
fiddling with bst. I always controlled how a specific entry is
represented (when I wanted modifications) by a relatively readable
ConTeXt setup, but others should comment about specifics.

Mojca