On 5/24/2015 1:39 AM, Alexander Shukaev wrote:
Hello,

Consider the following:

\definesynonyms
[ACRONYM]
[ACRONYMS]
[\FULL]
[\SHORT]

\ACRONYM{DLL}{Dynamic-Link Librar\doifnextcharelse{s}{ie}{y}}

Why

\FULL{DLL}s

does not do what I expect it to do?  I assume that it's because
`\doifnextcharelse' expands before `\FULL'.  So how to achieve the
desired effect?  Thanks.

\FULL is doing a lot and it's unlikely that inside there the nest token seen is the 's' so your test fails

\ACRONYM{DLL}{\SelectFull{Dynamic-Link Library}{Dynamic-Link Libraries}}

\def\VeryFullSingular#1#2{\FULL{#1}}
\def\VeryFullPlural  #1#2{\FULL{#2}}

\unexpanded\def\VeryFull
  {\doifnextcharelse{s}
     {\let\SelectFull\VeryFullPlural}
     {\let\SelectFull\VeryFullSingular}}

test \VeryFull{DLL} or \VeryFull{DLL}s it is

if there is real need for this i can consider building something in but the check for a following 's' is not that common I think