Hello,

"\textcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]" etc. gives weird (see attached):

"
text citation: (, 2015)
"

with:

        ConTeXt  ver: 2015.07.28 19:12 MKIV beta  fmt: 2015.7.30  int:
english/english

I would expect something like:

"
text citation: (Mo, 2015)
"

Best regards,

Lukas

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:37:14 +0200, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 7/29/2015 11:38 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Dear Hans & Alan,

I would like to manually print the selected list of publications, like this:

\usebtxdataset[items.bib]
\usebtxdefinitions[aps]
\starttext
\startitemize
\item \cite[entry][bib1]
\item some random text
\item \cite[entry][bib5]
\stopitemize
\stoptext

The problem is that this doesn't print anything unless I add
\placelistofpublications somewhere.

While I do understand (to some extent at least) the rationale for not
printing the number of bib item when \placelistofpublications is
missing, I don't see any reason why I should be unable to print the
complete publication that doesn't even require printing out any
number.

Any hints about how to do a workaround?

I could do

\nocite[bib1]
\nocite[bib5]
\placelistofpublications

but then I'm unable to do manual tweaking of the list and adding free text.

a while ago i made this for that purpose (as you wanted it) and alan is
busy documenting it ... (btw, there is also criterium=dataset when
placing lists)

\starttext

\startbuffer [demo]
     @article{whatever-1,
       title  = {Whatever Title 1},
       author = {One and Two and Three and Four and Five and Six and
Seven and Eight},
       year   = {2015}
     }
     @article{whatever-2,
       title  = {Whatever Title 2},
       author = {Mojca and others},
       year   = {2015}
     }
     @article{whatever-3,
       title  = {Whatever Title 3},
       author = {Mojca and Alan and others},
       year   = {2015}
     }
     @article{whatever-4,
       title  = {Whatever Title 4},
       author = {Mojca and Hans},
       year   = {2015}
     }
\stopbuffer

\usebtxdataset [demo.buffer]

\usebtxdefinitions [aps]

\setupbtxrendering [aps] [numbering=yes]

% methods:
%
% \hiddencite : mark for list, don't show in text
% \listcite   : mark for list, show in text only when in list
% \textcite   : not to list, show in text
% \alwayscite : mark for list, show in text
%
% \cite   == \listcite
% \nocite == \hiddencite

% \subsubject{only shown when in list (okay)} % todo: (no list)

% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

% \subsubject{only list}

% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-1]\par
% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-2]\par
% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-3]\par
% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-4]\par

% \subsubject{only in text (okay)}

% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

% \subsubject{always in text and optionally in list}

% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

\page

\placelistofpublications

                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:l...@pontex.cz