Hi Alan,

On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 01:11:38 -0600, Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr> wrote:

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 17:35:38 -0600
Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <idris.ha...@colostate.edu> wrote:

Suppose I want to end the last line of every paragraph with a
command, say, \thinrule, or a string of dots. Is there a
straightforward way to do that? TeX has \everypar but I'm not aware
of any, say, \endeverypar command.

Hello Idris,

I would think that your only hope in this case would be through the use
of \startparagraph \stopparagraph, for otherwise TeX does not know
where a paragraph is to end (only where one begins, through an explicit
\par or through an implicit blank line).

My guess, untested, would be \setupparagraph[after=\thinrule]

I actually tried that before sending the note to the list. It doesn't work; if it is supposed to work then I guess it's a bug.

Of course, using \start-stopparagraph is much more verbose than simply adding a control sequence at the end of each par.

It's also curious that, for all its power, TeX has no straightforward way to recognize paragraph endings. But I'll bet Hans could figure out a way to do it in lua.

On the other hand, this is not a priority at this juncture; more experimental.

Thanks, Alan, and

Best wishes
Idris
--