Hi,

I want to follow up on my own message below.

I got the hint offlist that it should not be too difficult to convert a
LaTeX package into a ConTeXt module.

So I guess that there is no built-in functionality of semantical
switching between ligatures and normal characters.

I am not a typographer – maybe I am wrong – but I don't like ligatures
in the wrong places. Inserting ligature stoppers by hand is a tedious work.

The latex package selnoligs was beneficial to me when I made a book with
more than 1000 pages, where I would never managed to stop ligatures by
hand.

So what is your opinion about such a feature?

juh