On 2015-09-08 17:52, Hans Hagen wrote:
\def\spac_lines_empty[#1]%
  {\endgraf
   \begingroup
   \forgetall
   \scratchcounter\iffirstargument#1\else3\fi\relax
   \ifhmode
      \crlf
      \advance\scratchcounter\minusone
   \fi
   \dorecurse\scratchcounter{\strut\crlf}%
   \endgroup}
Hmmm. I think that the mode test and added \crlf can go, but the decrement has to be there, at least if my test with and without \crlf in the example tests that properly, so:

\def\spac_lines_empty[#1]%
  {\endgraf
   \begingroup
   \forgetall
   \scratchcounter\iffirstargument#1\else3\fi\relax
   \advance\scratchcounter\minusone
   \dorecurse\scratchcounter{\strut\crlf}%
   \endgroup}

Of course, I did not run through more tests and do not know if anything else depends on this that should be tested.
--
Rik