Dear ntg-context@ntg.nl <mailto:ntg-context@ntg.nl>:

I am new to ConTeXt, so if this is not a very good question, please accept my
apologies in advance.  I first tried sending this message to the help address
at contextgarden.net <http://contextgarden.net/>, and the reply I received
suggested that this list would be the more appropriate venue.

I am trying to install ConTeXt on my Mac, and am following the StandAlone
ConTeXt instructions on the page:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation#Installing_MacTeX
<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation#Installing_MacTeX>

I installed MacTeX without problem, and then tried to follow the instructions
for Standalone ConTeXt.  At the end of Section 3.2 on that page, when I tried
to execute the command:

> sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex

it ran for a minute or so, but ultimately gave me the error message copied
below.

> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.85.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev) (rev 5550)  (INITEX)
>  system commands enabled.
> (/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/cont-en.mkiv
> (/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
> (/sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/syst-ini.mkiv
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.842     \pdfminorversion
>                          \plusfive
> ?

It seems that I am missing some kind of software prerequisite, but I am really
not sure.  Any suggestions you might have for getting around this problem would
be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bruce Boghosian

Bruce M. Boghosian
Professor, Department of Mathematics, Tufts University
Bromfield-Pearson Hall, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA