I’m using using pandoc and ConTeXt to generate pdf documentation from markdown.

I started with the option to use latex (xetex) and swapped to ConTeXt, letting
pandoc create the conTeXt file and invoke ConTeXt on it.C
Both produce a table of contents active links etc. which is pretty much
identical but the xetex version in my various pdf readers can show it in side
panel referred to as Table of Contents or outline. This is really nice because
it makes it just a click or swipe away.

Following advice from Pablo I’ve swapped over to generating XHTML and using the
XML mapping ability to generate ConTeXt and the PDF. Using this route the TOC
looks the same but it’s no longer there in the outline panel.

What do I need in addition to
\completecontent
to get this feature to work?

Aidan