On 4/5/2016 11:02 PM, kle...@sxmail.de wrote:
Dear NTG-ConTeXt list members,

[a] Excuse me that I will have to send this email in html format. The
very format of this email is not meant to offend anyone consciously
(even if perceived so). Paragraph beginnings [a] through [e] may lead
you the way, instead.
[b] A NEW(er) PROBLEM: After I have decided to re-instal ConTeXt because
my previous installation (dating from last quarter of 2014) was from
some time on un-updatable (maybe some remember a question posted to this
list by me in one of the months passed), a folder named "context" in
which one can lay down/ find a skript file (.sh) that is the pivot of
"any" update to come IS APPARENTLY ABSENT.
[c] WHY COULD THAT BE OF INTEREST? ...simply because I wondered
throughout this  second installation process whether there w ould be any
question which path that very folder should finally have DID SIMPLY NOT
SURFACE (the old "context" folder formerly in "/home/myUsername" was
discarded).
[d] QUESTION: Where,consequently, on a Kubuntu Linux operating system
(version LTS 14.04 on a 64bit architecture) was one to look for that
folder to be able to eventually perform an update via command line (=
bash console) as "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone";
[Ref-1] describes what the user should do in advance to any update
attempt, and thus, following installation? I feel awkward when it comes
to that issue as I already asked for an update option earlier.
[e] Thank you very much for your precious time.

when you install context from the context garden in

/foo/bar/context

using the first-setup script, you can just run that script again in order to update your installation