Hello,

that's a great feature!

I guess it will be involved into Ctx (with the next beta)...

Lukas

On Thu, 07 Apr 2016 10:49:25 +0200, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 4/6/2016 1:04 PM, Jan Willem Flamma wrote:
Dear members,
The following combination of itemize and starttabulate is numbered from
'd. to f.' instead of from 'a. to c.'
\starttext
\startitemize[a]
\starttabulate[|l|p|]
\item \NC column1 \NC column2 \NC \NR
\item \NC column1 \NC column2 \NC \NR
\item \NC column1 \NC column2 \NC \NR
\stoptabulate
\stopitemize
\stoptext
I'm unable to figure out why this occurs and also how to get the
following desired result:
a. tekst tekst
b. tekst tekst
c. tekst tekst

I'm surprised it works at all. We should have a place on the garden
where we put such 'unexpected combinations of mechanisms' (Alan?).

you can put this in cont-new.mkiv:

\unprotect

\unexpanded\def\itemtag % not yet in interface definitions
   {\dosingleempty\strc_itemgroups_item_tag}

\unexpanded\def\strc_itemgroups_item_tag[#1]% we can reuse more
   {\def\currentitemreference{#1}%
    \iftrialtypesetting
      \strc_counters_save\v_strc_itemgroups_counter
      \strc_itemgroups_increment_item_counter
      \strc_itemgroups_insert_item_tag_indeed
      \strc_counters_restore\v_strc_itemgroups_counter
    \else
      \strc_itemgroups_increment_item_counter
      \strc_itemgroups_insert_item_tag_indeed
    \fi}

\def\strc_itemgroups_insert_item_tag_indeed
   {\letitemgroupparameter\c!distance\zeropoint
    %letitemgroupparameter\c!width\zeropoint
    \strc_itemgroups_make_symbol_box
    \strc_itemgroups_make_destination_box
    \let\m_strc_itemgroups_destination\empty
    \ht\b_strc_itemgroups\strutheight
    \dp\b_strc_itemgroups\strutdepth
    \box\b_strc_itemgroups
    \ignorespaces}

\protect

and then do:

\starttext
\startitemize[a,intext]
\starttabulate[|l|l|p|]
\NC \itemtag \NC column1 \NC column2  \NC \NR
\NC \itemtag \NC column1 \NC column2  \NC \NR
\NC \itemtag \NC column1 \NC column2  \NC \NR
\stoptabulate
\starttabulate[|l|l|l|]
\NC \itemtag \NC c1 \NC c2  \NC \NR
\NC \itemtag \NC c1 \NC c2  \NC \NR