On 2016-04-13 15:39:57 +0000, Hans Hagen said:

6) It is my understanding that pret-xxx.lua files are obsolete. Is it
correct? (If so, it would be nice to update the wiki to reflect that).

no, they are not obsolete (the scite lexers are often also syntax
checkers so they are more strict) ... the pret files are more or less
working in the same way (they date from before scite got that kind of
lexers)

Thanks for your answers. I'd like to go with \definetyping then, because
I need /BTEX../ETEX. I have found an old document of mine, which uses a
(slightly customized) pret-c.lua, located inside the project's folder.
It compiles, but I don't get syntax highlighting. Is it because pret-c
is not searched in the project's directory? (According to
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Verbatim#Pretty_printing the file should
be found.) This is a minimal version:

\setupinteraction  [state=start]
\setupcolors       [state=start]