On 26 April 2016 at 11:21, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello ConTeXist
> I have a problem with updating ConTeXt on my Mac OS X (El Captain). When you
> run the update script to me an error message appears, which surprises me,
> since I logged on as the system administrator. Can anyone advise me on what
> could be the problem.

Running rsync as an administrator has an ugly consequence that you end
up copying the UID and GUID as-is, so you might end up with files
owned by very strange or perhaps even non-existing users.

Maybe you could play with
    --chown=USER:GROUP
when calling rsync from first-setup.sh to start with.

Who currently owns bin and bin/luatex?

It is not impossible that something changed yesterday though (I was
messing with the server), but the installation works for me. What
happens if you run the installation as a regular user (to a fresh
directory)?

We should look into it, but I need some proper diagnosis first.

Mojca