> On 22 May 2016, at 15:15, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> On 5/21/2016 8:39 PM, Hans Åberg wrote:

>> The code below works. One can alternatively put it on the \starttyping
>> command, admitting mixing with traditional monospace code at other places.
>> The idea here is to display Unicode input files as is, so finding a
>> monospace font for all those characters may be difficult. Just changing to
>> sans did not work though.
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[xits,10pt]
>> \setuptyping[style=normal]
>>
>> \starttyping %[style=normal]
>> ∀(i, k) ∈ I×K: C(i, k) ≔ ∑_(j∈J) A(i, j)·B(j, k)
>> \stoptyping
>
> in the near future there will be a monospaced font with math for this purpose
> (the tex gyre project has it on it's agenda, but it all depends on funding
> and time)

For me, the above without translation suffices, as one did not necessarily use
monospace in the past, which worked fine: keywords might be in bold, and that
and indentation was handled automatically in one Pascal editor (on MacOS 9).

One could think though of several different translations:

Monospace only on a range, like ASCII, or translate ASCII letters and numbers
to the Math Alphanumeric range, with keywords optionally in bold. But then
copy-paste from the PDF into a computer program will not work.