On 10 Jun 2016, at 13:22, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is indenting a solution for you?

\definenarrower
  [thomas]
  [left=4cm,
   default=left,
   before={\setupindenting[yes,-4cm]}]

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your suggestion. That’s what I have right now, but this won’t make
the lines flushright, and that’s what the publisher wants. I have every line of
translation wrapped into an environment, and there is never more that one line
break, so my question boils down to: how can I inject a \hfill after this line
break? Or any low level trickery with \rlap etc.?

\starttext

\showframe

\setuplayout[width=4cm]

% \raggedright

\leftskip    \zeropoint plus  \plustwo\bodyfontsize
\rightskip   \zeropoint plus  1fill
\parfillskip \zeropoint plus -1fill
\spaceskip   \interwordspace
\xspaceskip  .5\emwidth