> Am 29.06.2016 um 10:47 schrieb Robert Blackstone
> <blackstone.rob...@gmail.com>:

> I think I have solved my problem.
> Somehow I managed to get Lilypond working from Terminal.  Then I placed the
> ConTeXt-example with the LilyPond filter that I tried to compile in the same
> directory als the lilypond binary. Compiling it, as usual, from TeXShop it
> still did not start LilyPond and the .pdf still had: "[[output file missing"
> where the musical example should have been.

You probably had to include
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin
into $PATH.

This PATH is only known in the Terminal.
When you call ConTeXt from the GUI (via TeXShop) you only have the default PATH.

Since TeXShop calls context via an engine file, you can add the PATH in the
engine:

Change this line (actual path to context may differ):

set path= (/usr/local/texlive/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin /usr/local/bin $path
)

set path= (/usr/local/texlive/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin /usr/local/bin
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin $path )

You will find the engines in:
~/Library/TeXShop/Engines

Axel