On Mon, 15 Aug 2016, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

 Henri Menke <mailto:henrime...@gmail.com>
 29. Juli 2016 um 12:48
 Dear list,

 sometimes, one wants to place footnotes in a table which then appear right
 below the last row. Therefore ConTeXt ships the clever
 `\start...\stoplocalfootnotes` mechanism. Unfortunately, putting
 `\placelocalfootnotes` outside of the table breaks the centering of the
 table itself. For illustration please see the example below. How can I
 have my table centered while the footnotes are either left-aligned with
 respect to the left border of the table or left-aligned with respect to
 the page (whatever is easier)?

 Cheers, Henri

 ---

 \starttext

 \startplacetable
 [title={some table}]
 \startlocalfootnotes
 \startTABLE
 \NC Content\footnote{Footnote} \NC\NR
 \stopTABLE
 \placelocalfootnotes % commenting out unbreaks alignment
 \stoplocalfootnotes
 \stopplacetable

 \stoptext
You can use the pairedbox mechanism to place the notes under the table.

\definepairedbox
  [footnote]
  [width=\textwidth,
   align=middle]

Or, if you don't want to set the width to textwidth, simply wrap everything in a vbox (I use framedtext for convenience)

\starttext
\startplacetable[title={some table}]
  \startframedtext[width=fit,align=middle,frame=off]
  \startlocalfootnotes
        \startTABLE
          \NC Content\footnote{Footnote} \NC\NR
        \stopTABLE