On 10/24/2016 05:08 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
Hi Michael,

Maybe what Wolfgang meant by « putting the marks by hand » is something like:
you define \StartCitation and \StopCitation in the following way:

% begin quotation-note.tex

\define\StartCitation{\startnarrower[left,right]«~}
\define[1]\StopCitation{~»\footnote{#1}\stopnarrower}

\starttext
\input tufte
\StartCitation
 \input knuth
\StopCitation{This is a Quote of Donald Knuth}
\stoptext
% end quotation-note.tex

Indeed instead of the quotation marks « and » you can put whatever you wish.
If you have quotations without footnotes, then you may define another
start-stop.

Here would be my suggestion, which gives a syntax that is a bit more ConTeXt-like, I feel (but the coding can probably be improved):

\def\startQuote%
  {\dosingleempty\dostartQuote}

\def\dostartQuote[#1]%
  {\blank [line]
   \iffirstargument
    \getparameters[QQ][note=oops,#1]
    \def\stopQuote{\footnote{\QQnote}\stopnarrower\blank [line]}%
  \else
    \def\stopQuote{\stopnarrower\blank [line]}
  \fi
  \setupnarrower [left=1cm,right=2cm]
  \startnarrower}

\starttext