Wolfgang Schuster írta:
>\definefontfamily     [doc] [rm] [TeX Gyre Bonum]
>\definefontfamily     [doc] [ss] [Tex Gyre Adventor]
>
>\definefallbackfamily [doc] [mm] [Tex Gyre Adventor]
>[range=lowercasenormal,offset=lowercasesansserifnormal]
>\definefallbackfamily [doc] [mm] [Tex Gyre Adventor]
>[range=lowercasenormal,offset=lowercasesansserifnormal,tf=style:italic]
>
>\definefallbackfamily [doc] [mm] [Tex Gyre Adventor]
>[range=uppercasenormal,offset=uppercasesansserifnormal]
>\definefallbackfamily [doc] [mm] [Tex Gyre Adventor]
>[range=uppercasenormal,offset=uppercasesansserifnormal,tf=style:italic]
>
>\definefontfamily     [doc] [mm] [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
>
>\setupbodyfont[doc,10pt]
>
>\starttext
>Text font: , {\ss }
>\par
>Math font: \m{}, \m{\rm
>}, \m{\ss }
>\stoptext

Thank you again, Wolfgang.

Unfortunately I don't understand the syntax of \definefallbackfamily command
and therefore I only copy/paste examples I found in the list and context wiki.

I found the first mention of built-in simplefonts in this thread but it doesn't
discuss
\definefallbackfamily in detail:
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/075481.html

I also looked at context wiki pages for Command/definefontfamily
and Command/definefontfallback.

All in all I am very confused how to use the command.
It is not clear for me how to know if an option in \definefallbackfamily applies
to the font to be replaced or to  the replacement font.

--For example I guess range= option applies to the font to be replaced: if the
font/character lies within this range then it should be replaced by the font
defined in \definfallbackfamily. Is this correct?

--The preset= option is a predefined range; it is equal to some range= option.
Is this correct?

--What is offset=? Is this a range that should be used in the replacement?
Does [range=lowercasenormal,offset=lowercasesansserifnormal] mean that
lower case normal font should be replaced by lower case sans serif normal font?

--Does the above imply that offset= option is only valid for math fonts and it
can't be used for rm, ss and tt fonts?
(E.g. \definefallbackfamily [doc] [rm] [TeX Gyre Bonum] explicitly defines a
serif font,
it would be nonsense to add offset=lowercasesansserifnormal option to the
command.)

--tf=style:italic: what does this exactly mean? If the replacement font drawing
command is \tf then draw italic font? If yes, how it is different from
offset=lowercasesansserifitalic? Is this command used in the same manner
in \definefontfamily and \definefallbackfamily commands?

Thank you in advance,

bcsikos