On 11/2/2016 11:35 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, Nicola wrote:

The syntax scripts in Vim already cover all of MetaFun. MetaFun
keywords are highlighted by default inside ConTeXt documents; for
MetaPost files ('mp' filetype), you must put

  let g:mp_metafun_macros = 1

into your vimrc.

Ah, great!

if you need a command list .. there are scripts for that (no vim yet, but for scite we ship simple lists of commands)

> The indent file is adapted from (I think) latex-suite's indent file
with
> modificiations that suit my taste. I am not sure these should go into
> the default vim indent file, but it may be worthwhile for you to take a
> quick look.

MetaPost indentation is tough. I have rewritten the indent script in
Vim from scratch, and now it works reasonably well. I will try yours,
but you might try the one currently in Vim, too.

I did not change metapost indenting, but defined some rules for
indenting of context files. I believe that your indent file does not
attempt to indent context files (I may be mistaken because I am just
reading the .vim files, not testing it as I don't have vim8 yet).

> The ftplugin file mainly contains shortcuts like `a expand to α, etc;
> again,
> adapted from latex-suite (which in-turn borred the idea from
auctex). These
> depend on a ftplugin file provided by latex-suite. There were also a
few
> macros to reflow text, but your code is more robust and has more
features.

I will look into those, too. Do you know that Vim has built-in support
for digraphs (:h digraphs)? For example, α can be obtained by typing
<c-k>a* in Insert mode.

I know of digraphis but it can be tricky to remember all the mapping
(for example for \subset, \circ, etc.). Auctex uses fairly intuitive
shortcuts.

I could maybe create a GitHub repository, to make it easier to merge
your work.

That will be nice. Then I can also send you pull requests for specific
things.

Aditya