On 02/04/2017 10:41 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
Dear context users:

I have troubles using \setupitemgroup. I tried to use it based on the
contextgarden wiki page (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupitemgroup),
 description, but either my understanding how to use it is not correct or the
command doesn't behave as described on the wiki page.

In the following example I want the items to be in a numbered, packed list,
where the
item numbers are followed by ), like 1) 2) etc. If I don't add stopper=)
option, I get
a numbered list, but it's not packed. If I add stopper=), the list becomes an
unnumbered
list, but packed. I use context standalone ConTeXt  ver: 2016.09.24 12:40 MKIV
beta.
I attach the resulted pdfs.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks,

bcsikos

example code:

Most importantly: do not mix keywords and assignments. There are dozens of messages on the list with your exact problem; maybe we need some sort of very explicit, scary warning on the wiki. So

\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][packed,joinedup][n,stopper=)]

should be

\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][packed,joinedup,n][stopper=)]

Then a couple of smaller things: bonus points for providing an example, but please remove stuff that has nothing to do with your question. For your private names, use uppercase or mixed-case so you don't clash with system macros, so please do not define an itemgroup "itemize," but "Itemize," or better still give it a more expressive name. And lastly: I couldn't test with the old standalone you use.

Hope that helps.

Thomas